Friday, April 1, 2016

Simple Trick To Create Content Faster

Creative Content CreationYou're probably familiar with my personal rule to "create at least as much content as you consume."


Or maybe not. :)


That one usually shocks people, lol - but it's how I manage to put out so much content in so many different places online, consistently.


I'll share a simple trick with you, along with live examples, to help you create content faster & easier than ever...


Here it is:


Work with what's right in front of you, at any given time.


It really is THAT simple.


I'll show you what I mean, using examples from content I created already this morning. 😉



 


I started my day by logging into my WordPress Dashboard, with a nice hot cup of coffee in hand. I wasn't sure yet what I'd blog about, but I have hundreds of drafts saved in WordPress.


That's a great tip for you too: When you get a content idea, draft it right in WordPress. If you're on the go you can use the WordPress app on your mobile or tablet. That way when you sit down to blog, you already have tons of ideas to work with!


Anyway, I logged in to my dashboard, and this was the first thing I saw:


Content Inspiration


That quote caught my attention. I looked it up, then switched over to Google Images for a quote graphic I could use, and posted this on my Facebook Page - linking to an archived post of mine on the same topic.







"Taking time to do nothing often brings everything into perspective."The best solution when you feel blocked or...


Posted by Lynn Terry on Friday, April 1, 2016




 


Quick & easy! :) I did have to do a Google search to find my post on that topic, which took another second or two - but seriously, that was a super quick content update that was inspired by what was right in front of me.


 


Next, I checked Days of the Year, which is a website with a calendar of all of the weird, interesting observances for every month and every day. It's a great free resource for creating your social media & blog content calendar!


I discovered today was "sourdough bread day" and sent to see if my favorite low carb bread company also makes sourdough bread. It turns out they do! :)


I made some social updates about it, then decided to write a blog post about it too - which you can see here. I have a Blog Broadcast set up through Aweber, so that post also goes out to my email lists.


These are very simple examples, but that's exactly what I do: keep it simple!


I use whatever is crossing my screen at any given moment to turn around and create content out of it - whether it's social media content, a blog post, or something I email to my subscribers.


And then there's this post, yes - the one you're reading right now!


As I was reviewing the content I posted earlier this morning, and deciding what to blog about here on ClickNewz, I simply used what was in front of me already - sharing with you what I'm doing today. So it comes back around full circle! :)


I could give you hundreds of live examples just like those I shared with you above, but hopefully that gives you the spark you need to start creating more content - more easily. Just consider everything that crosses your screen: everything you read, watch, buy, click on, think about, etc. It's all potential content!


This is what it means to "create at least as much content as you consume." If you read a blog post, write one. If you read a tweet, tweet something. Often it's just easiest to use the content you DO consume to turn around and create content. :)


Also see: How To Find GREAT Blog Post Ideas – Fast!


Best,




No comments:

Post a Comment